It is important to know the difference between a house and a home, a house is a physical place while a home is a psychological place, your home should be your happy place.
How I plan to build my home:
- Practice Self Love:
- Practice and master self love, know one will love you if you don’t love yourself. Let it be independent of others.
- Finding a Partner, Choose from friends:
- Someone who exhibits self-love also
- Someone who listens to others worries/challenges without being judgemental.
- Someone who understands that people don’t remain constant, they change as time passes, and will be there to witness these changes as a support figure.
- Someone who is empathetic and interacts with others with empathy.
- Someone who is a patient listener that gives full attention when others are communicating and asks follow up questions that shows full interest.
- Someone who tries to understand others beyond verbal communication.
- Someone who is emotionally attracted to you and vice versa.
- Making the house a home:
- Stay to support each other on anything and everything, treat each other as equal, no one should be bigger than doing some part of the house chores.
- Lay good examples for kids coming. Eating habits, choice of language etc.
- Set aside time for family and stick to it as much as possible.
- Raise kids to be independent and confident together.
- Create memories together, capture some also digitally if possible, at the end this is all that matters. Memories.
- Enjoy your old age with your partner when your kids are independent and keep the home warm for them to return with their own families.